Overall, it was a great weekend to get away, let loose, and act like a kid again. "The girls" had an old fashioned slumber party and spent the evening (and early morning) looking at yearbooks, reminiscing, and giggling like old times.

The best part was I got to spend an entire weekend with my oldest and dearest friend, Shannon (on the far right.) Very few friendships make it past high school to go on to a deeper level. She is one who has and I'm grateful for it.
It was such a treat to be able to spend time with her kids. It truly seems like yesterday we were making trips out to see one another after the birth of all of our children (she had a couple more trips to make than I did.)Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art...It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
C.S. Lewis
Take a moment to be thankful for friends that stand the test of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment