Monday, August 25, 2008

Round 2

OK, Susan has just helped me figure out how to do this again.

Kendra. I'm updating my blog now. I would like a comment from you as I know you check this several times daily :-)

Lots going on right now. We had our 50th anniversary for the congregation here in Logan. It was encouraging to see the foresight and the vision that a group of college kids had in the 1950's to start a work of the Lord's church here in Logan. We are so thankful that we can be here and get right to ministering to the needs of the community here and not have to worry about the physical things such as purchasing a building. It is encouraging to see how the Lord has blessed the work here despite the many struggles over the years.

My birthday has passed and I am one year older. Yeah, it's rough being 25. My wonderful husband got me a cat for my birthday (kind of.) OK, I went behind his back and actually got it myself and manipulated the situation horribly. Long story short...he is an orange tabby about 5 months old. His name is Apollo...so now we have Rocky and Apollo...get it? Rock likes him OK, it's been about a week and they actually played with each other for the first time last night...VERY CUTE! Rocky just seems to be confused by him. He's not sure why things like strings and wadded up balls of paper are so entertaining.

We are going on our annual Labor Day camping trip...and we don't have to set up a tent this year. There will be 4 families from our congregation going so that is exciting.

I would like whoever reads this to please pray for two women in my life. First, Ann...we have been studying for about a year. She lost her aunt and her uncle all in one day last week and her whole family is struggling. Pray that this will soften her heart. Also, please pray for Aridani, she has said she is interested in studying this week so we will start tomorrow. Pray that the ground will be fertile and she will be receptive to God's word.

Kids are all fine...dreading starting school in full swing after Labor Day. A couple we worship with has volunteered to teach them science (not one of my strong points.) They have had a blast. Last week they experimented with dry ice which everyone found fascinating...even me. As a side note...does everyone know that dry ice is actually frozen carbon dioxide?

Cameron got to talk to a real astronaut last week as well. He asked him how astronauts worship on Sunday up in space...he's been worried about that for some time. Cam was relieved that it would be easily possible. Aub also asked him a great question. She asked him if going up in space has an affect on most astronaut's belief in God. He said that he knows very few astronauts that have gone up there that still believe that all of that intricate design happened by chance. Many come back and change their views completely after having experienced space. It was a good experience for all of us. These are rocket scientists, mind you.

Remember, Kendra, I want to hear from you. ;-)

5 comments:

  1. That's twice now...good job...We'll have to take a family picture and some of Rocky and Apollo...I now have an idea for Photo Shop...it will come soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Ken just sent me your blog address. The site looks great. Can't wait to see some up-to-date pics of you all and the kids. It was great to see Tony a couple of weeks ago, but missed seeing you and the kids. I did not know you were such a Sylvester Stallone fan!
    Miss you all, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you re-figured your blog out! I rarely comment on the blogs I read, so I'm only doing this because you asked. I'm really glad the kids are enjoying the science lessons, I'm kicking around a few ideas to make the next one just as fun! I hope you enjoy the Labor Day campout, I'm sorry I enjoy my own bed way too much to join you! We'll hold down the fort here and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so exciting. I actually read a blog and responded. Now if Tanya would just put some pictures on here....oh, yeah; might help if they could get high speed internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday on the 22nd! I didn't forget, I promise. I just neglected to tell you... There IS a difference. How are you?! Where are the pictures?

    ReplyDelete

I Really Like My Kids

I don’t just love my kids.  I like them.  I homeschooled for the obvious reasons everyone does; better education, control over what they ar...