Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day

Well, we went on our annual Labor Day campout this year with other congregations in Utah. When it poured rain from Sunday evening until we left on Monday morning, I was very grateful for our camper. It would have been cold and miserable in a tent. Other than the rain the weather was perfect and we had a great time. It is encouraging to get out and see some of the other Christians in the state. There are only nineteen or so congregations in Utah and there were probably 10 represented this weekend. When Christians are as few and far between as they are here, we are grateful for times like these to catch up and see how the work is going in other places in the state.


We officially do not have any TV as of Sunday! We have to catch up (once again) with the current century and go digital (I guess). All these years I have refused to pay for TV because....well...I always thought that's what we all endured commercials every ten minutes for. It will be interesting to see how much we miss the little we watch. I am sad to be missing the Republican Convention...or maybe it's just as well. We are going to try it out for awhile and see how it goes. We would like to get high speed internet, though. :-)

Aubrey is starting a paper route tomorrow....5:30 AM. Of course, being the wonderful mother that I am, I will be escorting her in the freezing cold wee hours of the morning. Why a child would be so ambitious as to voluntarily endure such things is beyond me. However, I am proud and supportive. She will, after all, be using some of it to pay for her music lessons for which we are currently footing the bill. I am hoping she has the gumption to stick with it.

We are getting full swing back into our lives tomorrow. We are going whole hog on school, my weekly ladies Bible study will be starting, music lessons, Cam will be starting cub scouts, running here and there...etc. I'm kind of dreading it, but summer can't last forever.

My garden this year is the best it has ever been. We had a late start with an unusually cold spring, but everything is beautiful now...just in time to start freezing. Aub and I have canned about 10 quarts of tomatoes and 12 cans of green enchilada sauce. I think all that work for the last 3 years prepping that soil and digging up thousands of rocks is finally paying off. My okra even decided to produce this year!

Well it's getting late and I have to get up early.

Ta, ta for now.

4 comments:

  1. What! You blogging???? What is this world coming to??? Now for the pictures. It's actually pretty easy. Click on the picture icon right about were you type (it's right next to the movie icon). Follow the directions and . . . pictures! Oh, that means you'll have to use that digital camera. Boy, you are coming right along! So glad to be able to read about your life. (I'll still try to call occasionally too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It's too easy to lose personal contact when you can become updated by reading someone's blog... BUT glad to see you're progressing! MORE PICTURES PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane and I have been wondering... Is that Holly?!

    ReplyDelete

I Really Like My Kids

I don’t just love my kids.  I like them.  I homeschooled for the obvious reasons everyone does; better education, control over what they ar...