Friday, September 19, 2008

We did it!

Consider the Wellsvilles conquered! Jill, Erin and I did it! We decided to go clear across the entire mountain range. It took about 9 hours of serious hiking...I was hurting on Sunday. It was absolutely amazing! For about 2 miles once you hit the top, you just hike along the peak of the mountain range looking over the valleys on both sides of it. It was by far one of the coolest hikes I have been on...and right in our backyard too! Next is Naomi and Logan peaks...then to the 14ers in Colorado with Cam. He wants to do as many as he can before he graduates ( in about 10 years.)




Speaking of Cam, he is becoming quite the little runner lately. He asks every day if he can run on the track and today I clocked him around a 7 minute mile...not bad for an 8 year old!

He and Aub are doing great on their paper route...real troopers. I go with them in the morning sometimes...otherwise, I just stay at home and worry about them.

Aub has her annual fiddle contest tomorrow and one of her songs she will be playing is "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by the Charlie Daniels Band. She is pretty nervous, but I know she will do great.

Caleb is a wiz at reading, but struggles with math a bit...nothing serious. That boy is keeping me on my toes, that's for sure. Something I am learning about raising boys...they must be busy constantly!

Holly Grace is still as unable to sit still as ever. She cracked us all up the other day when Aub found about 10 dominoes in her purse...put there by Holly. She is obsessed with dominoes, cars, and babies...what a mix!

So much for the deep insightful political views of all my friends out there...I guess I'll just stick to the shallow stuff from now on. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!

    Thanks for the update on the kids. Nice to know what they are doing too. Way to go Cam!

    ReplyDelete

I Really Like My Kids

I don’t just love my kids.  I like them.  I homeschooled for the obvious reasons everyone does; better education, control over what they ar...