Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Finally...


I am finally going to embark upon conquering the Wellsville mountain range on Saturday! For those of you who are not from around here...it is only the steepest mountain range in all of North America! I am SO excited. I've been wanting to do this since we moved here! I look at those mountains outside my window every day and think about getting to the top. I'll let everyone know if I survive. Steb...if you read this, you'd better comment :-). The highest peak toward the left of the picture is where I will be on Sat. Minus the snow, of course. This view is from our backyard last winter, by the way.




Getting in shape is my new goal. I have started a "piyo" (pilate and yoga) class every Tuesday night. OUCH! But I feel much stronger and I'm starting to not be sore every time. Also, one of the kids and I are riding our bike from the church building on Sunday afternoon all the way home. For those of you who are not familiar with our town...we live on a great big mountain and the only way to get to our house is up monstrous hills. It has been a great cardio workout and good time with the kids. With all of this, I don't really see any progress in the whole firming up thing...comes with age I guess.

Paper route is going much better. I think the kids will be able to handle it on their own by the end of this week and I can go back to sleeping in. Although, getting up at 5:30 has been quite productive....I may just keep it up.

So, when you blog, you're supposed to exchange ideas....I want to get everyone's thoughts on McCain's pick for VP, Sarah Palin. For once, I will refrain from expressing my opinion. You can even remain anonymous if you so desire.

5 comments:

  1. How Beautiful!!! And way to get your exercise on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Mt Everest is next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a firm chastisement and a direct calling out, I suppose I should comment.....so.....uh.....You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! It sounds really good. I envy you. I will be going to the mountains in two weeks, too but they are not far as high as yours. Nice to see and read from you!! I will be writing again very soon. Do I get it right - your kids are doing a paper round at 5.30 a.m.??? They are still very small, aren't they??? Your view upon the mountains is terriffic! A good idea to have a blog now - so I can follow your life a bit here in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for a post on the climb all weekend. How did it go? The picture is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I Really Like My Kids

I don’t just love my kids.  I like them.  I homeschooled for the obvious reasons everyone does; better education, control over what they ar...