Monday, August 24, 2009

Great Basin...again...

We enjoyed Great Basin so much the last time, we decided to go again. This time, we talked Heath and Kendra into going with us...they were promised great celestial views that did not end up coming to fruition. They both now consider themselves "campers" so...mission accomplished. We drug Lee and the girls with us as well...they had no choice, they were visiting and we said we were going. They didn't protest....


Here is our family by a bristlecone pine tree. They are the oldest living things known to man.



We did alot of hiking. Here are Lee and the girls on our hike up to the arch. These Comer girls are made of some tough stuff. It started raining right in the middle of the hike, but we all endured cheerfully (as you can see.)





Lee and the girls stayed for nearly 2 whole weeks while Stephen was gone on a mission trip to Haiti. We all had a great time...we miss them all dearly.

4 comments:

  1. Lee's shirt seems appropriate for the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Jennifer...how funny, I didn't even notice that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you keeping track of all these beautiful places so that we can hike them when Mark, Aaron and I come visit? We're hikers and would love to hike everyday. It looks really pretty. I'm glad you got to spend so much time with your family.

    ReplyDelete

I Really Like My Kids

I don’t just love my kids.  I like them.  I homeschooled for the obvious reasons everyone does; better education, control over what they ar...