Monday, March 21, 2011

Just Jumpin'

Aubrey is on a competitive jump rope team....that's right, competitive. Most of you, I doubt have heard of such a thing (neither had I.) However, if you don't believe jump rope to be a real sport...I challenge you to do it for 5 minutes straight. Trust me, it's much harder than you think.

Well, as in usual Aubrey style, she is doing fairly well. Although this time it has required quite a bit of hard work on her part. Well, she passed off enough jump rope skills to be on the team last June and believes she has finally found her athletic calling in life.

On her 13th birthday of this year she had the opportunity to compete in a regional jump rope competition up in Idaho. Here is a picture of her team with the ribbons won.






Her little double dutch team won 4th place out of 26 for their routine. They were all three very surprised to have won as this is the first year for all three of them. Aubrey was so surprised, in fact, that she broke out in tears. Their hard work had paid off and she was thrilled!



She is hoping to be able to compete in the National competition next year.

Videos of her double dutch as well as her individual freestyle routine are on my facebook page.

2 comments:

  1. THAT'S Awesome, Aub! Good job. and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously this is so great! So proud.

    ReplyDelete

I Really Like My Kids

I don’t just love my kids.  I like them.  I homeschooled for the obvious reasons everyone does; better education, control over what they ar...