Friday, March 9, 2012

The Power of "I Love You"

After a 30-minute car ride to the beach with the boys, Sam immediately bypassed playing in the crystal blue water and started writing in the sand as soon as we got there as if he had been planning what he was going to write long before we arrived. I uncharacteristically happened to have a camera in my hand so I casually took a now priceless picture.

I learned during this last visit that there were two things Sam has been working on writing in English. His name (Sam Francois) , and "I love you." It didn't hit me until this week (which has been overflowing with challenges involving these 3 simple words) how intentional all of this was on his part.

He had been contemplating since our last visit (4 months ago) what he wanted to communicate to us....and this was it! The words are powerful, aren't they?



As a child, you understand somewhat the power of love. As a parent you truly understand for the first time the power of love.

Please pray for us as we strive to truly live out loving all of our children in such a way that there is never any doubt in their minds how much they are truly loved.



Sam

2 comments:

  1. That made me cry. I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is truly sweet. I'm glad I stopped by to read. Wonderful! Good catch with the photo too!

    ReplyDelete

I Really Like My Kids

I don’t just love my kids.  I like them.  I homeschooled for the obvious reasons everyone does; better education, control over what they ar...