Monday, October 13, 2008

Drama!

Well, first of all, the ladies retreat went great! I think everyone not only had a great time but left encouraged. I was definitely challenged and I hope everyone else was as well. Thank you to everyone who pitched in and made it a great weekend.

Aubrey had an accident yesterday (this is the drama.) She fell on her bike in our neighborhood and hit her head pretty bad. She was confused and couldn't remember people....even the Schadeggs (she did remember Rylan, however :-) I've never really seen anyone like that before so we were a bit worried. We took her to the ER, they did a CAT scan and there is no permanent damage, she just bruised her brain and there was some swelling. She woke up this morning with a pretty bad headache but has all her memory back. The first thing she said was, "Am I going to have to miss my symphony today?" I was worried she would forget her paper route and I'd have to teach it to her all over again...AAAGH! She seems to be the one to always bonk her head. Caleb breaks limbs, and Cameron seems to avert danger for the most part for some reason.

That's our update for now. Busy, busy, busy!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the ladies retreat went so well. How many ladies were there?

    And ouch...sorry to hear about Aubrey. Glad there is no permanent damage. How was the symphony?

    Hope you are well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to hear more about your "no retreat."

    Aub . . . well, I'm glad that she is back to remembering. Hopefully that headache will subside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCH! We received the gift box. Thank you! I hope Aub remembers the picture she colored, because it's really pretty and the colors were exact matches. Ryan was impressed with how good it looked... I'm thinking it's because he probably doesn't stay within the lines. Anyway, thanks and I hope Aub gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok - as your family, don't you think a telephone call would have been in order!!!! I mean seriously!
    Tell Aubrey that we are praying for her and that I will call soon and see how she is doing. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aubrey...I'm so sorry that happened. Scary! I'm glad that everything checked out ok. Did you get to play in your symphony? I hope so. Many prayers for you all! Love you very much.

    ReplyDelete

I Really Like My Kids

I don’t just love my kids.  I like them.  I homeschooled for the obvious reasons everyone does; better education, control over what they ar...