Saturday, October 4, 2008

More Pirtle adventures

We apparantly don't have the genius in our household that it takes to upload the video of Aub's fiddle contest...so we will have to bring in the reinforcements and hope for the best at a later date.

Lots has happened in the last couple of weeks. I didn't think we would have enough going on in our life to blog about but it is hard to keep up. Get ready for lots of pictures.....

Caleb lost a tooth. Cameron is bound and determined to find out who the tooth fairy is. Deep down he knows it's dad, but is just dieing to prove it...so funny.


We've taken a couple of fun little hikes before the cold weather sets in. The kids can do about 6 miles pretty comfortably now (not Holly, of course...she still hitches a ride part of the way.)


Tony Grove






The Crimson Trail


Providence Canyon






Another trip to the American West Heritage Center for the corn maze...the kids LOVE it!


Last summer we took a tour of the Air Force Academy in CO Springs...Cam just can't wait to be a cadet there. I just had to show these pics because they are so....CAMERON! He loved everything about it...he loved that they all wore the same clothes, walked in a straight line, yelled as they marched, etc...crazy kid.






We finally got him enrolled in Cub Scouts this last week and it is all we have heard about. He has read through the entire book about 3 times already, he has his first little "Bobcat trail" thing already memorized, and is already thinking about what his Eagle Scout project should be! He's gotta be an Eagle Scout because only Eagle Scouts have walked on the moon, you know. The boy is obsessed! I'm glad he has a passion for something...it sure keeps him motivated. I'll put up a picture of him in his little Cub Scout outfit, it's pretty cute!









3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big everyone is!... Where's YOUR picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya--
    What a fun blog you have...and your children are amazing! Smart and beautiful. Fun to see what is up with you guys. Way to go on the mountain climb...and I think Palin is going to be a great VP...she is a little naive but I think that is why I like her! Glad to read and see that all is well with you.
    Our blog is at www.willenbrechtdetour.blogspot.com if you would like to check up on us every now and then. Have a great Lord's Day! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Caleb! You look like Hannah does.
    How neat for Cam. Love the statue pictures!
    Are we on in a couple of weeks? The girls are excited to come!

    ReplyDelete

I Really Like My Kids

I don’t just love my kids.  I like them.  I homeschooled for the obvious reasons everyone does; better education, control over what they ar...